How do you change a Murray motion drive belt?
- Remove the mower housing.
- Completely push the pedal forward and engage the parking.
- Remove the idler pulley (Figure 25).
- Loosen the belt guides that are around the drive pulley.
- Remove the motion drive belt from the drive pulley.
- To remove the motion drive belt from the stack pulley, pull the.
How do you adjust the drive belt on a Murray riding lawn mower?
Find the clutch pulley under the engine. With the PTO disengaged, you will notice slack in the drive belt. Pull the belt off the clutch pulley on the engine and pull the belt back toward the Murray mower deck. Make a mental note or a drawling of the pulleys on the mower deck and the belt routing around the pulleys.
Why does my drive belt keep coming off my riding mower?
The drive belt may come off a riding mower because it is damaged or loose. If broken or worn, the belt can break while the engine runs, and it can fly off at a great velocity, which is highly dangerous. Check the belt for looseness, cracks, fraying or separation from the rest of the assembly, and replace if necessary.
How do I know if my mower belt is bad?
These signs show when a mower belt could experience failure and needs replacement as soon as possible:
- The belt has side wall damage. Mower belt edges should be smooth and even throughout the entire length of the belt.
- The belt has a glazed or burned sidewall.
- The belt is cracked.
What is a ground drive belt?
The ground drive belt connects the engine crankshaft to the transaxle pulley to drive the rear wheels. If the belt breaks, the lawn tractor won’t move. If the belt is worn, the lawn tractor moves sluggishly because the belt slips on the pulley.
How do you replace a drive belt?
- Fan belt replacement: Check the tensioner first. Check for excessive movement.
- Check the pulley/roller. Rotate the tensioner and slide the drive belt off the pulley/roller.
- Measure wear with an app.
- The right tools make it a do-it-yourself project.
- Remove the belt with a serpentine belt tool.
- Place the new belt.
What is the difference between a deck belt and drive belt?
The “drive” belt (the one that makes the machine move) is 532178138. The primary belt deck belt runs from the electric clutch to the deck is 532174368 and the secondary deck belt that runs from pulley to pulley on the deck is 532180808. Model numbers make a huge difference on lawn mowers.
When should I replace my mower belt?
There’s no definite amount of time that a mower belt is supposed to last, but increased mower use shortens the interval in which a belt needs replacement. Simply put, more use equals more wear. Additionally, faulty belts or mechanical failures like a seized pulley can make lawn mower belts break prematurely.