Table of Contents
How do I get rid of Alektorophobia?
How is it treated?
- Exposure therapy. Exposure therapy is the leading treatment option for specific phobias.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy. Cognitive behavioral therapy is a type of behavioral therapy that can help reduce anxiety.
What is a Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is one of the longest words in the dictionary — and, in an ironic twist, is the name for a fear of long words. Sesquipedalophobia is another term for the phobia. The American Psychiatric Association doesn’t officially recognize this phobia.
What is Oikophobia the fear of?
Oikophobia (Greek: oîkos, ‘house, household’ + phóbos, ‘fear’; related to domatophobia and ecophobia) is an aversion to a home environment, or an abnormal fear (phobia) of one’s home.
What’s the rarest phobia?
Rare and Uncommon Phobias
- Chirophobia | Fear of hands.
- Chloephobia | Fear of newspapers.
- Globophobia (Fear of balloons)
- Omphalophobia | Fear of Umbilicus (Bello Buttons)
- Optophobia | Fear of opening your eyes.
- Nomophobia | Fear of not having your cell phone.
- Pogonophobia | Fear of facial hair.
- Turophobia | Fear of cheese.
Is nomophobia a real thing?
The term NOMOPHOBIA or NO MObile PHone PhoBIA is used to describe a psychological condition when people have a fear of being detached from mobile phone connectivity. The term NOMOPHOBIA is constructed on definitions described in the DSM-IV, it has been labelled as a “phobia for a particular/specific things”.
What is the most common phobia?
The following are some of the most common phobias prevalent among people in the United States:
- Arachnophobia (Fear of spiders)
- Ophidiophobia (Fear of snakes)
- Acrophobia (Fear of heights)
- Aerophobia (Fear of flying)
- Cynophobia (Fear of dogs)
- Astraphobia (Fear of thunder and lightning)
- Trypanophobia (Fear of injections)
Which word takes 3 hours to say?
You will be surprised to know that the longest word in English has 1, 89,819 letters and it will take you three and a half hours to pronounce it correctly. This is a chemical name of titin, the largest known protein.
What are the 5 longest words?
10 Longest Words in the English Language
- Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (45 letters)
- Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (34 letters)
- Pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism (30 letters)
- Floccinaucinihilipilification (29 letters)
- Antidisestablishmentarianism (28 letters)
- Honorificabilitudinitatibus (27 letters)
What causes Dystychiphobia?
This phobia is often seen in a person who has been in a serious or near-fatal accident in the past. In some cases, the phobia can be triggered by an accident involving someone else, such as a friend or family member.
What is the #1 phobia?
Overall, fear of public speaking is America’s biggest phobia – 25.3 percent say they fear speaking in front of a crowd. Clowns (7.6 percent feared) are officially scarier than ghosts (7.3 percent), but zombies are scarier than both (8.9 percent).
What are the 3 fears your born with?
Learned fears Spiders, snakes, the dark – these are called natural fears, developed at a young age, influenced by our environment and culture.
What is Somniphobia?
Somniphobia is the fear of falling asleep and staying asleep. You may feel that you will not be in control of what is happening around you when you sleep, or you may miss out on life if you’re not awake. Some people also fear that they will not wake up after having a good night’s rest.
What is the least common phobia?
10 Least Common Phobias Alektorophobia: The fear of chickens Metrophobia: The fear of poetry or rhyming verse Ephebiphobia: The fear of youths Ergasiophobia: The fear of work Optophobia: The fear of opening one’s eyes Neophobia: The fear of newness Anthophobia: The fear of flowers Pteronophobia: The
What phobia is the fear of telling the truth?
Alethephobia is the fear of hearing the truth. Not to be confused with veritaphobia, which is the fear of telling the truth.
What phobia is the fear of large things?
Megalophobia is the fear of large things. The origin of the word megalo is Greek (meaning large) and phobia is Greek (meaning fear). Megalophobia is considered to be a specific phobia, which is discussed on the Phobia Types page. Megalophobia is the opposite of Microphobia or Mikrophobia or Mycrophobia (which all mean fear of small things).
What phobia is the fear of bad news?
kakosphobia is the fear of bad news. kakosphobia Symptoms. Phobias should never be taken very lightly. Because, all phobias can to some degree limit a persons daily activities and are in some cases the root cause that make someone experience anxiety and leading up all the way to depression.