Table of Contents
- 1 How do you remember apprehensive definition?
- 2 What is an example of apprehension?
- 3 What does apprehend mean?
- 4 What does a bit apprehensive mean?
- 5 How do you use the word apprehension?
- 6 How do I use apprehension in a sentence?
- 7 What does perceiving someone mean?
- 8 What type of word is apprehensive?
- 9 Which is the best definition of the word apprehension?
- 10 What is the origin of the word apprehend?
- 11 Is there still a sense of apprehension in the United States?
How do you remember apprehensive definition?
Mnemonics (Memory Aids) for apprehensive appre+hen+siveâ€”who appears like hen— hen is always fearful. 0 1. apprehend means arrested, and arrested person is always in fear about future.
What is an example of apprehension?
Apprehension is defined as when you are nervous and scared about something or about what might happen. If you are anxious and worried about a future event, then that is an example of having apprehension. The seizing and detaining of a suspected murderer is an example of apprehension.
What is the full meaning of apprehension?
1 : suspicion or fear especially of future evil : foreboding an atmosphere of nervous apprehension. 2 : seizure by legal process : arrest apprehension of a criminal. 3a : the act or power of perceiving or comprehending something a person of dull apprehension.
What does apprehend mean?
1 : arrest, seize apprehend a thief. 2a : to become aware of : perceive She immediately apprehended the problem. b : to anticipate especially with anxiety, dread, or fear. 3 : to grasp with the understanding : recognize the meaning of. intransitive verb.
What does a bit apprehensive mean?
: afraid that something bad or unpleasant is going to happen : feeling or showing fear or apprehension about the future.
Does apprehension mean anxiety?
1. Apprehension, anxiety, misgiving imply an unsettled and uneasy state of mind. Apprehension is an active state of fear, usually of some danger or misfortune: apprehension before opening a telegram. Anxiety is a somewhat prolonged state of apprehensive worry: anxiety because of a reduced income.
How do you use the word apprehension?
- There is growing apprehension that fighting will begin again.
- He watched the election results with some apprehension.
- There is apprehension about the safety of the missing children.
- They shivered with apprehension.
- She spoke about her childhood fears and apprehensions.
How do I use apprehension in a sentence?
Apprehension sentence example
- Her apprehension was assuming a reduced priority.
- The silver eyes were fiery, and apprehension fluttered through her.
- He felt a wave of apprehension and accelerated heart beat as the door opened.
What does apprehension mean in writing?
The term writing apprehension was coined by Daly and Miller (1975a). It refers to a situation and subject specific individual difference associated. with a person’s tendencies to approach or avoid situations perceived to. potentially require writing accompanied by some amount of perceived. evaluation.
What does perceiving someone mean?
: to notice or become aware of (something) : to think of (someone or something) as being something stated. See the full definition for perceive in the English Language Learners Dictionary. perceive. verb.
What type of word is apprehensive?
Anticipating something with anxiety or fear.
How do you use the word apprehensive?
Apprehensive Sentence Examples He’s certainly apprehensive about something. His expression was apprehensive, but he said nothing. While Cynthia was apprehensive over the wildness of the area, once there, the stark beauty that engulfed her dispelled her earlier trepidation.
Which is the best definition of the word apprehension?
1 : suspicion or fear especially of future evil : foreboding an atmosphere of nervous apprehension. 2 : seizure by legal process : arrest apprehension of a criminal.
What is the origin of the word apprehend?
It means “to grasp” or “to seize,” and it is an ancestor of various English words. It teamed up with the prefix ad- (which takes the form ap- before p and means “to,” “toward,” or “near”) to form apprehendere, the Latin predecessor of our words apprehension, apprehend, and apprehensive.
Which is the best definition of communication apprehension?
Communication apprehension refers to the fear or anxiety people experience at the thought of being evaluated by others. Some anxiety is a normal part of the communication process. The psychological threat individuals perceive in the communication situation prompts physiological changes designed to help the body respond.
Is there still a sense of apprehension in the United States?
Recent Examples on the Web Meanwhile, there is still plenty of apprehension around returning to normal in the United States. — Abigail Adams, PEOPLE.com, 2 July 2021 Still, a sense of apprehension persists, and some firms have reduced their presence in Hong Kong due to the political upheaval.